Egg Curry - Curry with hard boiled eggs. Before making full curry fry the eggs in desi ghee till they turn brown.
* Eggs (hard boiled & fried in ghee) - 4
* Onions (chopped finely) - 1
* Desi Ghee - 4 tbsp
* Tomatoes (chopped finely) - 2
* Bay Leaves - 2
* Peppercorns - 3 to 4
* Cinnamon (broken into bits) - 1/2" piece
* Potatoes (peeled & fried in ghee till brown) - 3 (small)
* Cloves - 2
* Cardamoms - 2
* Salt to taste
* Coriander Leaves to garnish
Grind to a fine paste
* Red Chillies - 8
* Garlic - 3 cloves
* Ginger - 1/2" piece
* Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Heat desi ghee in a pan and fry the whole garam masala for a few seconds. Add the onions to it and fry till golden brown. Add the ground masala paste, salt and continue frying for 2 to 3 minutes.
Then add the tomatoes and mix till well blended. Add 1 -1/2 cups of hot water. Add the potatoes and eggs after the gravy boils.
Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, garnished with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatis or parathas.
Know more Egg Recipes by typing in this search box.
Return from Egg Curry to Indian Egg Recipes
Return to Home Page